Standard Bank Funeral Cover starts from as little as R75 a month for any South African under the age of 65 years old. One of the most important things to note however is that you do not need to bank with Standard Bank to take out a funeral policy with the company.
Standard Bank is one of the banks who are also funeral insurance companies which we review information about, but you can also compare affordable funeral cover quotes from other providers by filling in the form below.
Standard Bank offers funeral cover starting from R10-000 and up to R50-000.
You also have the option to add your spouse, children, parents and parents in-law in your policy. This usually has the benefit of decreasing the monthly premiums payable for each additional member if they had their own policies.
Although many financial consultants will advise you that each member of your family should also have his or her own policies. This ensures that there is adequate cover for when death strikes. This may be true, but sometimes not every member can afford their own cover, therefore, it is better to have some insurance than no insurance.
Standard Bank Funeral Cover Benefits
A funeral policy from Standard Bank is more than just a simple financial plan that pays for your funeral on that day you or your loved ones die. The insurer offers the following benefits:
- Up to 40% on medical expenses at your doctor during the lifetime of your policy
- Up to R200 in airtime for organizing the funeral will be allocated
- Up to 10% off your optometrist’s fees whenever you need one
- R50,000 is the maximum you qualify for, and that lump sum is tax free
- Cheap insurance that starts from R75 per month
- You do not have to bank with Standard Bank
- Funeral assistance in order for the burial to be conducted in a dignified manner
- A memorial benefit for a tombstone
- Travel or repatriation allowance to take the body where it needs to be buried
The main benefits of having funeral cover are that one your family will not have to be burdened with financial difficulties resulting from the expenses involved with a funeral. If you are the one who passes away, the lump sum payout can be used to pay down debts, pay your children’s school fees or even be invested for their future.
Standard Bank Funeral Cover Contact Details
You can contact Standard Bank to get quotes or enquire about their various funeral insurance plans by using the following methods below:
Web Address: www.standardbank.co.za
Other Information About Standard Bank Funeral Insurance
Standard Bank’s life insurance, funeral insurance and other long-term insurance products are underwritten by Liberty Life.