Shoprite Checkers, Africa’s biggest retailer is synonymous with affordable, quality food, clothing and appliances. Less so is known of its huge financial services, which provide some of the easiest ways to transfer money to and from loved ones across South Africa. An extension of that money market is Shoprite Funeral Cover, which is an affordable solution for all your basic funeral needs, and for your entire family and extended family as well.
However, what exactly does a typical funeral policy from Shoprite entail? Read more to find out or fill in our easy form below to get competitive funeral cover quotes from our partners.
Shoprite Funeral Insurance Plans
Shoprite Funeral Cover is a bundle of options provided by South Africa’s leading financial services companies that include Old Mutual, Sanlam, Union Life and Doves. Because of this, you can be sure that you are really getting the best deal on your funeral policy and can pay your policy at any Shoprite, Checkers or OK stores.
What Does Shoprite Funeral Cover Offer?
Funeral insurance from Shoprite will offer you the following:
- A lump sum of up to R50,000 to your beneficiaries when you pass away (as you are the main policyholder)
- Cheap funeral cover quotes that can start from as little as R25 per month
- A grocery benefit to spend at any Shoprite, OK or Checkers store (this includes general stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets across South Africa)
- An airtime amount that can a long way when organizing the funeral
- Transportation benefit to take the body of the deceased to anywhere in South Africa
- Your family will be provided with 2 cars that can be used during preparations for the funeral and during the funeral
- You are not required to do any medical test and pre-existing conditions are covered
Shoprite has the most extensive retail network in the country, and with all those stores, it would be shortsighted not to consider their valuable funeral insurance products as an option when you compare cover for you and your family.
However, Shoprite faces stiff competition from a host of other retailers, namely, Pep Stores Funeral Cover, Pick ‘n Pay Funeral Cover and even from Ackermans. What all of these retailers have discovered is that they can capitalise on the foot traffic that comes to their stores and increasingly those of you who buy food, clothes and so on online. By partnering with the leading financial companies in South Africa, Shoprite (and the others) are able to provide funeral insurance products that are cheap, cover all your basic needs from a funeral insurance policy and more.
Shoprite Funeral Cover Contact Details
Visit the nearest Money Market at any Shoprite, Checkers or OK store or get a quote while you are doing your shopping on www.shoprite.co.za.
To compare quotes from other retailers and financial services providers for free, fill in our form with your details.