ABSA is one of the banks that offer funeral cover in South Africa. Through ABSA Insurance, the bank offers a comprehensive suite of funeral insurance products suitable for many South Africans, and possibly including you and the rest of your extended family. So how much does it really cost for an ABSA funeral cover policy?
Well, it starts from as little as R45 per month and as little as R20 in additional premium for your spouse, children, and/or any member of your extended family.
Insurance ‘n More works with many funeral insurance companies in South Africa, and we urge you to make the right decision and compare quotes and premiums from as many as possible, including the funeral cover offered by banks. Fill in the form below to compare your options. It’s that easy!
ABSA Funeral Policy
With an ABSA funeral cover policy, you can get the following:
- Comprehensive insurance for your own burial, which covers the costs of transporting your body to wherever it will be buried, like a different city for example
- Discounted prices on various items that will ensure a dignified service, such as favourable prices on flowers just to name one
- There is also a grocery allowance for up to 12 months
- Cover for accidental death and natural causes. Your policy pays out double the insured amount in certain cases of accidental death
- Your policy can pay for your children’s school fees once you pass away
- Cover for strokes, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, and other chronic illnesses that are common
- Optional life insurance benefit of up to R150,000 for the main member
Preparing for our own passing is just one of the important things we need to consider for our financial well-being. However, as with most people, we [should] go beyond just looking out for our own selves, and consider the lives of our spouses, children, parents, in-laws and other family members who depend on us. That is why ABSA has made it easy to cover your extended family members in your own policy.
ABSA funeral cover for extended family members can insure up to 8 people (excluding you) under your policy. What this means is the following –
- Reduced premiums by insuring your family under one policy instead of different individual policies
- You spouse can be covered for the same amount as you
- This ensures that any member of the family will have some form of funeral cover than none at all
- Any amount due under the policy will accrue to you as the main member upon the death of anyone you have insured, thus enabling you to do what’s best for the family
The big banks are all plagued by high bank charges and other fees, which has created a love-hate relationship with customers. However, you do not have to worry about ridiculously high monthly premiums with ABSA funeral cover. Instead, the bank – turned insurer – promises below industry costs for your cover, but with industry beating service. That’s all you should want really: affordable funeral cover from an insurer that offers outstanding service. ABSA Insurance is just that one.
ABSA Insurance Contact Details
There are various ways to get a funeral policy from ABSA:
- You can get quotes on your premiums by filling in an online form and they will call you to confirm your quote or give you much more information about the ABSA Flexi Funeral Policy
- You can contact them on 0860 227 253
- You can also visit www.absa.co.za if you are an existing account holder with ABSA. What’s great about this is that if you are an existing card holder, you can simply purchase insurance also on any ABSA ATM and get premiums deducted easily from your account.